|Indiana Code 20-33-8-32 – Locker searches
- A school corporation must provide each:
- student; and
- student’s parent;
a copy of the rules of the governing body on searches of students’ lockers and locker contents.
- A student who uses a locker that is the property of a school corporation is presumed to have no expectation of privacy in:
- that locker;
- or the locker’s contents.
- In accordance with the rules of the governing body, a principal may search:
- a student’s locker; and
- the locker’s contents; at any time.
- (d) A law enforcement agency having jurisdiction over the geographic area having a school facility containing a student’s locker may:
*Greater Clark County Schools complies with IC 20-33-8-32 by providing each student with a copy of the Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook/Student Discipline Policy at the time of enrollment in the school corporation which sets out the rules of the governing body on searches of students’ lockers and locker contents.